Egg freezing empowers women through fertility preservation
Egg freezing is a groundbreaking technique in the field of fertility preservation, offering women greater control over their reproductive choices. There are a variety of reasons that women may be interested in exploring egg freezing in New Jersey, all of which we support here at Conceive NJ.
- Delayed motherhood. Many women choose to focus on their careers or personal goals before starting their families. However, female fertility gradually declines with age. Egg freezing allows women to preserve their eggs at a younger age, when egg quality is better, providing them with the option to conceive a child through in vitro fertilization (IVF) when they are ready.
- Family planning. Women who haven’t found the right partner, but hope to become moms one day, can extend their fertility window through egg freezing. Fertility preservation gives women time to make informed decisions about family planning in the future.
- Medical conditions. Certain medical conditions can affect a woman’s fertility. Egg freezing offers a proactive approach for women with such conditions, allowing them to preserve their eggs for future use.
- Cancer treatment. Women facing cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy or radiation, often face the risk of infertility, as these treatments can damage their eggs. Egg freezing before cancer treatment allows them to preserve their fertility and increases the possibility of having biological children in the future.
The egg freezing process
Freezing eggs is done through using similar technology as IVF, but the fertilization phase is delayed until the woman is ready to move forward with a pregnancy.
- Ovarian stimulation. The first step is taking medications that stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs at the same time.
- Egg retrieval. Using ultrasound guidance, our fertility specialist retrieves the eggs in a minimally invasive procedure under light sedation.
- In our IVF lab, the eggs are then carefully frozen using a technique called vitrification, which ensures their preservation without compromising their quality.
- The frozen eggs are stored in a specialized cryopreservation facility until the woman decides to use them.
Take control through fertility preservation
The success of egg freezing depends on several factors, including the age of the woman at the time of egg retrieval. Generally, the younger the woman is at the time of retrieval, the higher the chances of success. Some women may need to undergo two or more egg freezing cycles, so that they can bank as many eggs as possible which will increase their odds of a successful outcome when they choose to proceed with becoming pregnant.
When you come to us to explore egg freezing in New Jersey, we will perform extensive fertility testing to give you a personalized idea of your potential success rates when using your frozen eggs in the future.
Egg freezing offers women a way to take charge of their reproductive health and preserve their fertility for future family planning. By providing a practical solution to address medical concerns and personal choices, fertility preservation empowers women with greater autonomy and flexibility on their journey toward motherhood.
If you are considering egg freezing, don’t put it off indefinitely. The younger you are when you freeze your eggs, the greater the chances that you will have a larger number of high-quality eggs for future use.
Contact us to schedule a consultation to learn more about egg freezing in New Jersey at Conceive NJ.