Get answers to your fertility questions, including, “Do I need IVF?”
You may have read about IVF, or in vitro fertilization, but you may not understand how the IVF process works or who needs it. If you have been trying to get pregnant, you may start asking questions such as, “Do I need IVF?” At our New Jersey fertility clinic, we provide the expert diagnosis you need to identify the causes of infertility, and we can recommend the right fertility treatment to help you start your family.
When to consult with our New Jersey fertility clinic
If you are trying to get pregnant, everyone offers advice, including how long it should take. Quite often, well-meaning people give you inaccurate information and make you worry. Here are the facts about when you should consult a fertility doctor.
- If you are younger than age 35, and you have been trying to get pregnant for one year without success
- If you are age 35 or older, and you have been unsuccessful for six months
- If you know that you or your partner have medical problems that could cause fertility problems, such as irregular menstrual cycles or a history of a condition that may have an impact on fertility
Diagnosing the causes of infertility
Diagnosing the issue or problems that are causing your infertility is the best way to answer the question, “Do I need IVF?” Fertility testing can help our team figure out which causes of infertility might be preventing you from getting pregnant.
The first step for men is a semen analysis. Female fertility testing begins with extensive bloodwork. At our New Jersey fertility clinic, we perform an ultrasound to look at the structure of your uterus and pelvic organs. We also provide in-house hormone testing to determine whether or not you have the appropriate levels of several hormones. The blood tests also give our team an indication of your ovarian reserve. Once our fertility doctor receives your blood test results, he may recommend other tests to determine what is causing your fertility problems.
Reasons to consider IVF
After fertility testing is complete, our team can provide answers to your question, “Do I need IVF?” Here are some reasons why IVF might be the right treatment to help you get pregnant.
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Advanced female age
- Endometriosis, particularly if there is scarring
- Male factor infertility
- If you or your partner have a genetic disorder that could be passed on to your child
- Unexplained infertility
- Ovulatory disorders that are not treated successfully with other treatment modalities
In addition, if you have already tried other treatments, such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) or ovulation induction, without success, our team may talk with you about IVF.
“Do I need IVF?” Our fertility team can help you discover what treatment you need
If you are asking questions about your fertility, it may be time to visit our fertility doctor to get answers. We offer state-of-the-art treatment and expert diagnostics to help you begin the family you dream of having.
Contact us for an appointment.